Today we are going to discuss a procedure that has been around for about a decade but has recently gained increased popularity due to its approval by the FDA.
Suture Sculpt endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is an outpatient procedure that reduces the functional volume of the stomach by up to 70% without surgery. Historically, when an individual required medical intervention for weight loss, they only had surgical options at their disposal. Fortunately, there have been advancements in the field of endobariatrics that have proven to be safe and just as effective as some forms of bariatric surgery.
This article will answer the question, “How does Suture Sculpt help someone lose weight? We will also provide some links to Suture Sculpt ESG testimonials that demonstrate the procedure’s potential as well as outline the benefits of its non-surgical nature.
How Does ESG Help You Lose Weight?
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) is an incredible breakthrough in the world of weight loss procedures. This minimally invasive stomach-reducing technique has been specifically developed to assist individuals in shedding those extra pounds without having to use a scalpel to remove any stomach tissue.
What Is Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty and How Does It Work? Dr. Batash Explains
In this video, we're talking about the Suture Sculpt (endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty) with Dr. Batash. Dr. Batash is a world-renowned expert in the field of endobariatrics, and he's here to explain what endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is and how it works.
Ways Suture Sculpt ESG Helps You Lose Weight
- A Smaller Stomach Size:
- During the Suture Sculpt procedure, a flexible device (an endoscope) is inserted through the mouth and into the stomach, where the doctor gathers and folds the stomach tissue to create a smaller, sleeve-like stomach. This reduction in stomach size restricts the amount of food the stomach can hold, leading to a sensation of fullness with smaller meals.
- You Feel Less Hungry:
- Having a smaller stomach size can reduce the level of hunger-causing hormones like ghrelin, which helps patients experience a decreased appetite and cravings.
- Creates Automatic Portion Control:
- The procedure helps you control portions and limits your ability to consume anything but the smallest meals, which naturally leads to reduced calorie intake, which is essential for weight loss.
- The Digestion Process Slows Down:
- When you have a smaller stomach, food moves through your digestive system at a slower pace. This extended digestion time creates a prolonged sensation of just having eaten a big meal, reducing the urge to snack or overeat.
- You Learn Better Habits:
- Suture Sculpt ESG is accompanied by dietary counseling and coaching that promotes lifestyle modifications. You will be provided with knowledge and strategies that help you adopt healthier eating habits, exercise regularly, and make long-term changes in your behavior to support sustainable weight loss.
- Experiencing Results Helps Promote Continued Weight Loss:
- Over time, the combination of your reduced appetite, smaller meal sizes, and behavioral changes will result in gradual weight loss, which will help motivate you to carry on with these initiatives, and you will continue to lose weight or maintain your results.
Benefits Of Suture Sculpt ESG Over Surgery
When you have the Suture Sculpt procedure, you can go home the same day and not have to spend time in the hospital. This is primarily due to the fact that no incisions are made in your abdomen, and the entire procedure is conducted from inside your stomach.
The doctor uses a special tool that looks like a piece of flexible hose, but it is tricked out with a high-resolution camera. This tool goes down your throat and allows the doctor to insert a special overstitch device into your stomach that can administer sutures into strategically made folds, making the usable portion much smaller.
Just a few short hours after the procedure, you are allowed to go home pain-free and without any restrictions on activity! Most patients can return to work and their normal routine in a day or two. This contrasts significantly with the recovery period of between 4 and 8 weeks and the risk profile that is associated with bariatric surgery.
Where Can I Go To Get The Suture Sculpt ESG Procedure?
Contact Batash Endoscopic Weight Loss Center to find out if you are a good candidate for Suture Sculpt ESG. When you partner with Batash Medical, you have access to one of the world’s leading experts to perform your procedure and a team of knowledgeable and caring professionals to provide you with ongoing support. In fact, to better help our patients achieve their weight loss goals, we provide comprehensive monitoring for a year along with a lifetime of nutritional counseling. We do this because we want to see you succeed in reaching your weight-loss goals.
As with other weight loss procedures, Suture Sculpt works best when combined with a long-standing commitment to a healthy diet and regular exercise. If you follow the recommended program after your procedure, you can expect to lose an average of around 18% of your total body weight in the first 12 months. If you continue to practice your healthier habits, you can expect continued weight loss for at least another year.
The results achieved by each person will vary and their percentage of weight loss will be commensurate with the amount of effort and lifestyle changes put forth., but take a look at some of our lighter, healthier patients after their Suture Sculpt ESG weight losses!