Digestive and abdominal disorders are not fun. At Batash Medical, we know how important it is to find a discreet doctor you can trust with personal information to take care of you. We believe strongly in helping people prevent issues and illnesses before they happen. Today we will discuss tips on finding the best gastroenterology provider in your area.
What is a Gastroenterology Provider?
This is a professional who specializes in treating and screening a number of different issues. This includes abdominal pain, hemorrhoids, and acid reflux, just to name a few. This specialist can help you protect your health by addressing common digestive issues.
How to Find the Best Provider
Medical specialists play an important part in our lives. But how do you find the best gastroenterology provider when so many are claiming to be the best?
- Check Credentials
- Check your specialist’s credentials. Confirm your doctor has the necessary training, skill, and experience to give you the care you need. Ensure your provider has never had a malpractice claim or disciplinary action.
- Get Referrals
- Your primary care physician may recommend a gastroenterology provider for you. If not, ask family, friends and other healthcare providers for a referral. If possible, get both. Professionals can make unbiased referrals about the best in the business, and your family and friends can tell you the quality of care they received.
- Consider Gender
- You may want to make sure you are comfortable with your gastroenterology provider’s gender, as sometimes intimate details are being discussed. You must also feel comfortable being completely honest with your specialist as you cannot be properly diagnosed and treated if you withhold information.
- Evaluate Communication Style
- After you narrow down your selection to the point you are ready for consultations, ask your doctor a question. Pay attention to the response. Are you welcome to ask questions and learn more, or are you dismissed? Are answers to your questions communicated effectively? Find a specialist who wants to get to know you and will consider your treatment preferences and respect your decision-making process.
Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today
If you’ve been looking for a gastroenterology provider in your area, the experts at Batash Medical are here to help. We are proud to offer gastroenterology services for adults and adolescents. Contact us today to book an initial consultation at our office in Rego Park or New York, NY. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted on behalf of