The Suture Sculpt Endoscopic Sleeve
The Suture Sculpt Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty is a new procedure that reduces the functional volume of the stomach. Little doubt exists that gastric restriction is a critical mechanism in achieving substantial weight loss; purely restrictive bariatric procedures, such as gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy, have been shown to result in expected weight loss (%EWL) of 65.5% and 76.1%, respectively, at 12 months.*
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty reduces the size of your stomach using an endoscopic suturing device without the need for surgery. This procedure may be an option if you’re significantly overweight — a body mass index of 30 or more — and diet and exercise haven’t worked for you.
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty leads to significant weight loss. It helps you lose weight by limiting how much you can eat. And the procedure is minimally invasive, reducing the risk of operative complications.
Like other weight-loss procedures, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty requires commitment to a healthier lifestyle. You need to make permanent healthy changes to your diet and get regular exercise to help ensure the long-term success of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.
Why choose Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
- It is not technically surgery, but requires general anesthesia.
- There are no incisions. Most report little or no pain after the procedure.
- Recovery is easier. Patients go home the same day and are able to return to work in just a few days.
- Esg has no physical activity restrictions. The incision-less procedure allows you to get back to life more quickly when compared to other procedures.
- It’s discreet. The minimal downtime allows you not have to tell others you’ve undergone a weight-loss procedure.
Endoscopic Sleeve Surgery now recognized by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery!