Preparation & Recovery After Endoscopic Weight Loss
How to Prepare for Your Endobariatric Procedure
- 1. Blood work and medical clearance
- We will perform your blood work and medical clearance in our office if you attend an in-person consultation. For out-of-state patients, we will provide all the necessary documentation that is needed to obtain blood work and medical clearance in your home state.
- 2. Medications
- We will prescribe the medications that you will need on the day of your procedure and during your recovery period. These can be sent to the pharmacy of your choice. We ask that you bring these medications with you on the day of the procedure.
- 3. Pre-procedure instructions and pre-op diet
- We will provide you with clear pre-procedure instructions on what you need to do and what you need to drink 24 hours before your procedure. A clear liquid diet for at least 24 hours before your procedure is absolutely necessary. We ask that you stop drinking any liquids at least 8 hours before your procedure.
Please arrive at our office wearing comfortable clothing and please leave any valuables at home or at your hotel. You will meet your anesthesia provider before the procedure and we will allow you plenty of time to ask questions and to get comfortable and situated.
- 4. Post-procedure instructions and post-diet
- We will provide you with the instructions to follow right after the procedure and share diet plans. Read the details below.
What to Expect after the Procedure
After the procedure, you will wake up in our state-of-the-art recovery area. The approximate stay in the recovery area will be about an hour. Once you are ready to go, we will help you get dressed and you will be on your way home or to your hotel room where you will comfortably recover.
We will see you the next day for a comprehensive follow-up appointment to make sure everything is going well. During the follow-up, we will give you instructions for your post-procedure diet and you will be on your way to a healthier and skinnier you!
For more detailed instructions, please do not hesitate to contact our office online, email us, or give us a call.
Tel.: (718) 830-0004