If you’ve tried to lose weight without success, don’t worry. You don’t have to go through a complex weight-loss procedure to get a slimmer, sleeker body. The medical professionals at Batash Medical in Rego Park, NY offer endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty: a minimally invasive treatment that enables people to lose significant amounts of weight in a safe, comfortable manner. Read on to learn how this simple solution can help you become happier and healthier.
Endoscopic Sleeve: Understanding the Key Benefits
What Is Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty, or ESG, is an innovative weight-loss treatment that is easier and less invasive than many traditional weight loss procedures. ESG helps people lose weight by reducing the functional volume of their stomachs.
During your treatment, your medical provider will use an endoscopic suturing device to decrease the size of your stomach. This reduction will help you eat less and enable you to lose weight. Although individual results vary, people often lose a significant amount of weight after they receive this treatment.
Why Is It So Hard to Use Traditional Methods to Lose Weight?
If you’re struggling to improve your body through diet and lifestyle changes, don’t worry. You’re not alone. Millions of people around the world have difficulty maintaining and losing weight. In fact, it is estimated that about 33% of adults in America have a Body Mass Index, or BMI, of over 30.
Many of the traditional methods of weight loss, such as lifestyle changes and invasive procedures, are ineffective, difficult, and uncomfortable. Fortunately, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty offers a straightforward way to lose weight. If you haven’t had success with other weight-loss strategies, this treatment may allow you to lose a significant amount of weight in a safe, comfortable manner.
- Lifestyle Changes
- Many people cannot lose weight on their own. This is because the traditional methods of weight loss are often ineffective or difficult. For instance, diet and exercise may have only a minimal impact on a person’s weight. These solutions may not work for people who need to lose significant amounts of weight to improve their health. Further, weight loss medications may have minimal effects and undesirable side effects.
- Complex Procedures
- Bariatric procedures, like sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass, can help people lose substantial amounts of weight. However, these procedures are not suitable for everyone. These procedures may require you to endure scarring and discomfort. They can be very expensive. They also can cause complications and other issues. These procedures may require you to take a lengthy break from your job and other activities to recover and heal.
- A Better Way
- Fortunately, there have been several positive developments recently in endoscopy. These innovations allow patients to receive the weight-loss benefits of invasive procedures without requiring them to deal with scarring and lengthy hospital visits.
How Can This Weight Loss Treatment Improve My Health?
It’s normal to be skeptical of new weight loss options. But you can feel confident when you choose ESG to help you improve your body. That’s because science has shown that this treatment is an effective way to change your body and improve your overall health.
- Weight Loss
- Although individual results will vary, many people who use this weight-loss method in connection with lifestyle changes experience significant weight loss. On average, people lose about 18% to 20% of their total body weight over a period of a year.
- Most people llose weight gradually in the months that follow their treatment. Adopting a more balanced lifestyle during this time will help you achieve the full effect of your treatment.
- Other Benefits
- ESG won’t just change your body. This treatment may also help to decrease the chance that you develop weight-related health issues. For instance, as you lose weight, you may lower your risk of diabetes, sleep apnea, and certain cancers.
- You may also improve your blood pressure and decrease your chance of experiencing a stroke or suffering from heart disease. Losing weight will also reduce the wear and tear on your knees and other joints.
Why Would I Choose ESG Instead of a Traditional Weight Loss Procedure?
People love ESG because it is an efficient way to lose weight. Unlike traditional weight loss procedures, this method doesn’t require you to commit to a lengthy hospital stay or take many weeks off for recovery.
- A Simple Treatment
- Although you will require general anesthesia, this treatment is minimally invasive and easy. We will not cut into or take away part of your stomach. Instead, we decrease your stomach’s size with sutures. Since we will not make incisions into your stomach, you will not have visible scars on your body.
- Quick Recovery
- If you’re an active person with a full life, you’re in luck. You don’t have to take months off to recover from this weight loss treatment. That’s because ESG allows people to recover more quickly than traditional weight-loss procedures.
- Many patients can return home on the same day that they receive their treatment. Further, many people can return to their jobs after a few days.
- A Discreet Option
- This method is a wonderful choice for people who don’t want others to know about their weight loss treatments. Since most people need minimal downtime for recovery, you need not take a long break from your job or other activities.
- This means you won’t have to tell your coworkers, friends, or other people in your life that you have received a weight-loss treatment. Instead, your decision can remain private.
- Lasting Results
- This treatment is designed to be efficient and long-lasting. We will not remove the sutures in your stomach. In the months that follow your treatment, you will lose weight in a gradual, sustained manner.
What Will My Treatment Be Like?
People love ESG because it is simple and easy. This is a straightforward, outpatient weight loss solution. You don’t have to endure a complex procedure or set aside a lengthy period for recovery, so there’s no reason to be nervous before your treatment.
- Preparing for Your Treatment
- We will provide you with detailed information about how to prepare for this weight loss treatment. For instance, we will tell you what to eat in the days before your treatment. We will advise you about any foods or drinks that you need to avoid, and any medications that you should not take. We may also ask you to begin an exercise program to help your body prepare for the treatment.
- The Treatment Session
- This is a quick, easy weight loss treatment that often takes only about sixty to ninety minutes. We will begin by giving you general anesthesia, so you will be unconscious and comfortable during this process.
- Once you are unconscious, we will insert an endoscope into your mouth. An endoscope is a bendable tube. This tube has a sewing machine at the end. It also has a tiny camera.
- Reducing Your Stomach Volume
- sing the camera to see inside your body, we will suture your stomach from the inside. Since we will not cut into your stomach, this treatment is minimally invasive and easy. These sutures will reduce the volume of your stomach by about 70%. After this treatment is complete, your stomach will only be able to accommodate smaller meals. Meals will also leave your stomach less quickly.
- These changes mean that smaller meals will stay in your stomach for longer. You will feel fuller and more satisfied with a smaller amount of food. This treatment will allow you to follow a low-calorie diet without feeling deprived or hungry. You will have an easier time eating less and losing weight.
- After Your Treatment
- When your treatment is complete, you will wake up in a recovery room. Medical professionals will be present to help you recover. Most people go home once they are no longer sedated. Most people can return to their jobs within a few days after receiving their treatment.
- We may ask you not to eat for several hours after your treatment. After this period, you will eat a liquid diet for a while. In the weeks that follow your treatment, you will add semisolid foods to your meals. Eventually, you will return to a balanced, healthy diet.
Am I a Suitable Candidate for This Treatment?
ESG offers people a simple way to lose a significant amount of weight. That said, this weight loss treatment is not for everyone.
- Overweight People
- If you are struggling to lose weight through diet and exercise, don’t worry. This treatment is well-suited for overweight people who haven’t been able to lose weight on their own. If you have a BMI over 30, and you haven’t been able to reduce your weight with lifestyle changes, you may be an ideal candidate for ESG.
- Those Ineligible for Other Procedures
- This treatment may also be an excellent option for patients who aren’t able to receive complex weight loss procedures like gastric bypass or sleeve gastrectomy. ESG is also a great option for people who are eligible candidates for these procedures but who do not wish to go through a complex procedure that involves incisions or scarring.
- People With Health Conditions
- Certain health conditions may prevent you from receiving this treatment. People who have large Hiatal hernias are not suitable candidates for this treatment. Similarly, people who have issues that are connected with gastrointestinal bleeding, like peptic ulcers or gastritis, should use other weight loss methods.
- Patients who have a family history of blood clots, stomach cancer, or inflammatory conditions that affect the upper gastrointestinal tract may not be suitable candidates. People also may need to use other weight loss solutions if they take blood-thinning or immunosuppressive medications.
- Expert Advice
- During your initial consultation, we will discuss your medical history and health issues. We will use this information to determine whether this treatment is right for you.
How Is ESG Different From Other Minimally Invasive Weight Loss Treatments?
There are a variety of treatments that allow people to lose weight in a safe, simple manner. Besides ESG, at Batash Medical we offer AspireAssist and ORBERA. These weight loss options work in unique ways, allowing a variety of people to receive the benefits of these easy, minimally invasive treatments.
- AspireAssist is a great option for people who have a BMI between 35 and 55 and who haven’t had success altering their bodies with lifestyle changes. Unlike ESG, this method does not involve stomach sutures. Instead, we will put a thin tube inside your stomach.
- This tube will have a discreet button on the outside of your abdomen. You can use this device to remove or “aspirate” some of your food into the toilet. This process will allow you to lose weight by reducing the amount of calories you absorb.
- The ORBERA system is suitable for adults who have a BMI between 30 to 40. To receive this treatment, you must be able to follow a medically supervised weight loss program. Like ESG, this method promotes weight loss by making people feel fuller and more satisfied after meals.
- During your treatment, we will put a soft silicone balloon in your stomach. We will then inflate the balloon with sterile saline water. This balloon will take up a sizeable amount of room in your stomach, allowing you to feel fuller after your meals.
- We will also provide you with personalized coaching during the six months that the balloon stays in your stomach. Once this balloon is removed, your coaches will continue to help you improve your diet and exercise habits.
- Making a Choice
- ESG, AspireAssist, and ORBERA all offer minimally invasive ways to lose weight. During your initial consultation, we will discuss your medical history, weight loss goals, and health conditions. We will also discuss your ability to make lifestyle changes and commit to regular medical checkups after your treatment. We will use this information to determine which weight loss solution is right for you.
Do I Have to Make Lifestyle Changes After I Receive This Treatment?
ESG is a great option for people who have struggled to alter their weight on their own. That said, this method will require you to make some changes to your eating and exercise habits. Like other weight loss treatments, ESG works best when you follow a balanced, healthy lifestyle. Making these changes will help you receive the full benefits of your treatment.
- A Helping Hand
- If making lifestyle changes sounds intimidating, don’t worry! You don’t have to make these changes on your own. We will provide nutritional consulting during the twelve months that follow your treatment. These skilled counselors will help you adopt a balanced diet that will enable you to maintain your weight loss and improve your health.
- For instance, we may teach you how to cook quick, healthy meals. We will also advise you about which foods you should eat more frequently and which foods you should avoid.
- Involving Your Family
- Professional counselors aren’t the only people who can support you after your treatment. Your family and friends can also help you make positive lifestyle changes. We will encourage you to involve these people in your weight loss journey. They can assist you by exercising with you, cooking healthier meals, and giving you emotional support during this time.
You don’t have to go through a complicated procedure to lose weight and improve your health. An endoscopic sleeve treatment provides a safe, straightforward way to lose weight. To learn more about how this weight loss solution could help you, contact us at Batash Medical in Rego Park, NY for an initial consultation today.