If you want to lose weight but have been unsuccessful, we have an effective solution that is not only non-surgical but will help you lose weight consistently and safely over time. You may have heard of endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty before and may be wondering, “Who performs endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?” At Batash Endoscopic Weight Loss Center in New York, NY, we’re here to help you learn more about this transformative treatment.
Who Performs Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
A gastroenterologist performs endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty. A gastroenterologist is a medical professional who is skilled and trained in understanding, managing, and treating the gastrointestinal tract and the liver, as well as any associated diseases or conditions. At Batash Endoscopic Weight Loss Center, Dr. Steven Batash performs the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty to help patients improve their lives, get healthy, and learn to live a healthy lifestyle.
He has over 30 years of experience helping patients not only lose weight but keep it off. Regardless of your goals, Dr. Batash can help you undergo a transformation that will positively impact your body, mind, and soul. If you are considering this procedure and are wondering, “Who performs endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?” you can rest assured when you choose our office, you’ll be treated by the expert who will help you reach all your goals, and then some.
What Is Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty?
At Batash Medical, our endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is called Suture Sculpt. This treatment is an alternative to bariatric surgery and doesn’t involve any surgical measures. It is a non-surgical treatment that uses a suturing device to shrink the stomach by up to 60%. The goal is to reduce the total stomach volume, which it does, so that you eat less and you lose weight.
- How Does It Work?
- Suture Sculpt works by shrinking the stomach. During the treatment, Dr. Batash will endoscopically insert a suturing device to reduce the stomach volume. The benefit is, this step does not affect your blood or nerve supply, nor does it affect your intestinal continuity or integrity. You’ll be on your way to healthy weight loss with no negative side effects.
- Once this suturing has been completed, your stomach will hold 60% less, which essentially makes it impossible for you to eat large portions. When you do eat, you will feel fuller faster, which will help you eat less, which will then help you lose weight. In the process, you’ll learn portion control, a skill that will stick with you for the rest of your life.
- Is There a Recovery Period?
- Patients who undergo Suture Sculpt usually return to work within a few days. You won’t have to lay down and rest after the treatment but instead can resume all of your normal activities, even exercise. Once you undergo the treatment, you will be discharged and can return home within a few hours. As soon as your procedure is complete, you will be well on your way to consistent and long-term weight loss.
- Is It Painful?
- Patients do not report any pain after undergoing Suture Sculpt. This is a comfortable treatment, and you won’t be restricted by a long recovery after it’s complete, unlike many other weight-loss surgical procedures.
- How Much Weight Can I Lose?
- Different patients come in with different goals when considering Suture Sculpt, but everyone gets results. On average, patients lose 20 percent of their body weight within the first twelve months of the treatment. Weight loss is steady and consistent. That weight loss will continue during the following 12 months as well, so you will lose weight, you will reach your goals, and you will learn how to portion control and live a healthy lifestyle along the way.
The Weight Struggle
There are many reasons why people gain weight; for some, it’s emotional eating; for others, it comes down to genetics, and for still others, it’s a lack of discipline. Whatever the case, weight loss can be hard, especially when you have a lot to lose. Some patients know that they need to lose weight but don’t know how to start the process, and for that reason, they never take that first step towards a total body and life transformation.
The weight struggle can be a life-long battle, but it doesn’t have to be. That’s where Suture Sculpt comes in. It takes care of the overeating part of weight gain so that you can begin the weight loss process and then learn how to maintain that weight loss along the way. It shrinks your stomach so that, by default, you have to learn portion control. You will be physically unable to eat more than what your stomach will allow post-treatment.
The Batash Endoscopic Weight Loss Center Difference
At our office, our goal is to not only help you lose weight but we want to help transform your mindset and give you the tools you need for long-term success. We will walk alongside you after the treatment is over so that we can help teach you how to live a healthy lifestyle, change your mindset regarding nutrition and exercise and view it with a healthy perspective.
Once you undergo Suture Sculpt, you will be provided with a year-long monitoring and nutritional counseling service. Knowing that the best results of this treatment come with exercise and a healthy diet will help you lose weight consistently over time. This treatment is designed not just to help you lose weight but to set you up for success so that you can live a healthy lifestyle at a healthy weight for the rest of your life.
- Learning Portion Control
- When you undergo this treatment, you will learn portion control by default. Your stomach will not be able to tolerate or hold significant amounts of food, so you have to learn to eat accordingly. This is one of the benefits of Suture Sculpt because it forces you to learn portion control. Once you learn how much food you should be eating, overeating will be something you learn to avoid long-term.
- Portion control really is one of the simplest secrets to a healthy lifestyle. It will help you reach and maintain your goal weight. Once you learn this skill, you will truly be set up for success and can practice moderation in your diet, whether you’re eating at home or out with friends at a restaurant.
- The Importance of Diet
- Once you undergo Suture Sculpt, you will need to establish a consistent workout routine and eat a healthy diet. This is something we will walk through with you after your treatment is over. You won’t be left in the dark, but instead, we will guide you along the way. Your nutrition is almost more important than your exercise routine, but that is not a reason to stop exercising.
- The Importance of Daily Movement
- When you make a healthy diet your primary focus, eat nutrient-dense calories, and avoid empty calories, you will just need to develop a consistent workout routine and move your body every day to reach your goals.
- Many people feel as though they need to spend hours in the gym every day to burn calories to help them reach their weight loss goals. Once you undergo Suture Sculpt, you’ll already be at an advantage. Additionally, making the right food choices will help you avoid the feeling that you have to work out excessively. As long as you’re getting 30 to 60 minutes of exercise each day, you’ll be on your way to achieving all of your body goals.
Now that we’ve answered your question, “Who performs endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty?” we’re ready to begin this process with you and walk with you every step of your weight loss journey. You can trust Dr. Batash and his team to help you achieve lifelong weight loss success. Contact one of our Batash Endoscopic Weight Loss Center offices in Rego Park or New York, NY and set up your initial consultation to find out more about how this treatment can transform your life.